Mindfulness based counselling & psychotheraphy.
Online, by telephone and in-person
*** Taking new clients online and on telephone ***
I know how difficult it can be to ask for help at times and these are very strange times indeed. Covid-19 and the lockdown may be causing all sorts of difficult feelings to come up for you whether you are staying home, or an essential worker out and about daily. You’ve already taken the first step by getting online and looking for some help.
I offer video and telephone counselling and psychotherapy services at times to suit you.
I aim to provide a safe space for you to explore what’s going on. Whether you feel low, anxious, confused or unhappy you’ve come to the right place. I work in a way that puts your needs at the heart of the work we do together.
Sometimes our feelings are hard to speak about and perhaps you don’t know how you feel, just that something doesn’t seem right. I work creatively and mindfully, using visualisation, art materials and mindfulness techniques.
I work in a very inclusive way with people with all kinds life experiences, backgrounds, identities and cultures. It is your experience of life that I am interested in, and I aim to help you to gain some insight, understanding and strength in your own life.
I have spent over 30 years helping people deal with difficult issues in their lives having started as a volunteer with The Samaritans at 18 years old. Since then, I have worked almost exclusively in the voluntary / charity sector.
- Currently studying for MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy, Birmingham City University (end date 2020)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Birmingham City University (2019 – awaiting award)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapy, Birmingham City University (2018)
- Graduate Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapy, Birmingham City University (2017)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills, University of Birmingham (2000)
- BA (Hons), History, The Open University (1994)